People of Allen Park Michigan

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of the tax payers and workers for the city of Allen Park Michigan

2 posters

Is Allen Park Going to Pot??

Revelator

Is Allen Park Going to Pot?? Empty Is Allen Park Going to Pot??

Post  Revelator Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:25 pm

I have discovered that there are now at least three medical marijuana dispensaries, or compassionate care clubs as they are technically called, located in Allen Park. There are two on allen road, one in a storefront that used to be a tanning salon, across the street from Tullio's (now closed), the other is in the old junior high complex. The third is on ecorse in a storefront that still has its old business sign up there, "Tutorial Services." This place happens to be right next door to the recently opened head shop. We also have a hyproponic gardening supply store in AP as well. Seems to me, we should dump the bridal mile thing, and the DDA should implement the "Doobie Mile." They could also talk to the Hash Bash folks and have them move their annual event from U of M to Pocket Park, downtown AP. That silly tatoo parlour & "art gallery" next to Marshall Music would probably get more business in that single day than they typically get all year.

I have no problem with these dispensaries operating in our city. So long as they don't create problems what's the issue? From what I have been told, it isn't marijuana that is the problem among AP teens these days, its the legal prescription narcotics, Adderal, and anti-anxiety drugs. The fact that majority of our citizens have no idea these places even exist, goes to show that these "pharmacies" are quiet operations and not a risk to our community. What i am curious about is, why Allen Park? When i think of pot smoking metro Detroit area towns, places like Ann Arbor, Ferndale, and Royal Oak come to mind. Not so much Allen Park. Are other downriver communities accepting of the dispensaries? Are there other ones in AP I'm not aware of?

More importanty, does anyone know which dispensary Gary Burtka gets his pot from?
    chessionista

Is Allen Park Going to Pot?? Empty reply

Post  chessionista Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:36 pm

There was a suggestion that the Southfield property be used for the growing and selling of this green "medicine". Lormax Stern, the developer, mentioned that they had worked on Walmart in Livonia, obviously they didn't know about the opposition to Walmart in Lincoln Park at the Sears location. Earlier when Burtka & company were still in negotiation for the property, Kyle Tertzag said "We're not going to let a Hustler club in there", refering to the the topless club in LP. Here's the question: the Southfield property is going to cost AP taxpayers millions & millions of $$ over the next 30 years - wouldn't we be better off with a Walmart or a pot factory or even a topless joint? Stautzenberg Institute is not going to be there forever, this is going to get worse before it gets better. confused

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:01 pm